• cjAperson
    Hi there,

1st post for me so thank you for making this great site, it has been a wonderful resource for me.

I'm a bit of an RF noob so if I say/ask something that doesn't make sense, please explain why.

I was wondering how to properly dimension an 'end launch' WG to coax transition (also, am I correct in assuming this is what I want for TE10 mode?). I can find plenty of resources for the other option (right angle) but I've spent a few hours and a few days searching for detailed info on this subject. I've looked at the two references on the relevant microwaves101 page but the few pages google shows me in those books doesn't talk about it specifically and I wanted to know for sure if there was a good resource I can use to study up.

Thank you,

CJ
  • cjAperson
    Any help would be appreciated here. Thanks. Otherwise it's off to the university library for me.
  • UnknownEditor
    My advice is to buy a used one, hack it open and try to scale the dimensions to the band of interest. Then use HFSS to check performance....

Steve
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome!

Join the international conversation on a broad range of microwave and RF topics. Learn about the latest developments in our industry, post questions for your peers to answer, and weigh in with some answers if you can!