• Norman grody
    I wonder if anyone has tried measuring the field distribution close to an antenna aperture using probes? Possibly, such near field measurements could then be used to determine the emissivity or reflectivity of materials placed in front of the antenna. In this way one could use near field measurements rather than the traditional far field measurements.
  • Desert Sage
    It is an interesting and tough problem. There is a fine line between measuring the near fields accurately and distorting the very field you are trying to measure. The goal I suppose would be infinite impedance for E-probe and infinite admittance for H-probes. Any materials you are trying to measure will also alter the response of the probes. Like I said, tricky business.
  • UnknownEditor
    isn't this something you can buy from MilliBox? I am by no means an antenna guy...

https://millibox.org/anechoic-chamber/

Steve
  • quitzonsandy
    Can't you just get this from MilliBox? I am in no way an expert on antennas.
    basketball stars
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome!

Join the international conversation on a broad range of microwave and RF topics. Learn about the latest developments in our industry, post questions for your peers to answer, and weigh in with some answers if you can!