• rfdave
    I've got some sub-3 GHz filters to design, low enough in frequency that I can do it with a lumped element filter. I'm playing around with the Iowa Hills software, but I've looked at some of the more sophisticated filter SW, and I'm wondering if there's an actual advantage from using paid SW for filter design. I'm thinking of Genesys, but Filpro and PCFILT are also options.
  • madengr
    I have the iFilter for MWO, but I haven't done any filters in years. The advantage of the integrated packages is that they can spit out schematics, with pre-populated tolerances, into the native simulator.
  • John
    If a LP prototype will do you try tools.radiospurs.uk an online filter designer, nothing as sophisticated as genesys and mainly LP but may serve to get started
  • UnknownEditor
    http://tonnesoftware.com/ also has some nice freeware. One problem is that parasitics of lumped elements are not taken into account in any freeware I have seen.
    Steve
  • UnknownEditor
    Also, call me a conspiracist, but...

I am always suspicious of on-line filter calculators, as a possible means of intelligence gathering. If you work at Boeing, Lockheed, NG, Raytheon, etc. I would expect that a lot of those sites are blocked.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome!

Join the international conversation on a broad range of microwave and RF topics. Learn about the latest developments in our industry, post questions for your peers to answer, and weigh in with some answers if you can!