• Admin
    nkolias created the topic: Solid State Microwave Ovens

I'm trying to understand the penetration of solid state (replacing tubes) in the Microwave oven market. Does anyone have any opinions on if/when the majority of microwave ovens will be solid state based (rather than tube based)....
  • Admin
    UnknownEditor replied to the topic: Solid State Microwave Ovens

Not Exactly Phillips (NXP) has been showing solid-state ovens at IMS for the past three years. I would have expected this to be on the market by now, but it is not. If you are it IMS 2016 next week you could ask them what is going on.... I plan to visit that booth.

Steve

www.electronicsweekly.com/news/design/th...solid-state-2016-01/
  • Admin
    madengr replied to the topic: Solid State Microwave Ovens

I read somewhere the cost of a consumer oven magnetron is $5 to $15. I suppose until the price of LDMOS gets down to that, you won't see it happen. You still need all the other components anyway.
  • Admin
    UnknownEditor replied to the topic: Solid State Microwave Ovens

Just went to talk on this topic at IMS 2016. Cost is slightly lower than $1/W right now for solid-state amps for commercial heating. An order of magnitude price reduction is needed. Don't hold your breath waiting to buy a SS oven any time soon.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome!

Join the international conversation on a broad range of microwave and RF topics. Learn about the latest developments in our industry, post questions for your peers to answer, and weigh in with some answers if you can!