• Jim Hill
    Have an application where a diplexer would like to have silver plated screws. Preferably brass screws plated with silver; as SS and steel alloys have nickel in them that will affect the signal. Purchasing scres and then silver plating will also affect the thread and make it difficult to get the screw into its mating hole. So a screw that already accounts for this would be great. Need #2-56 x .5" long and #6-32 x .5" long screws. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Jim Hill
    Anyone, anyone, Bueller? :-)
  • UnknownEditor
    Jim... we will put this into the monthly email blast. Hopefully get someone's attention!
    Steve
  • Jim Hill
    Thanks. You look better good in that bag. ;-)
  • Desert Sage
    Buy and plate standard screws. However, when you make the cover (or whatever) with the threaded holes use an oversized tap to ensure a fit after cover plating (i.e. adjust the taps pitch diameter). This is how we did it in combline filter world. You can get almost any p.d. you want. I stripped a 2-56 hole and had it tapped up to 3-56 to save an expensive device. A good designer can figure out the appropriate p.d. depending on screw size and plating thickness. In contrast, screw manufacturers probably wouldn't make nonstandard screws unless you were willing to buy maybe 100,000 of them.
  • Jim Hill
    Thanks for your post. I did find AFT Corporation will make silver plated brass screws as a standard. On top of that, I did specify an oversize tapped hole on the cover plate.

The only other thing that would be nice would be to have the thread machined off the end of screw where it engages into the diplexer, but that is cost prohibitive.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome!

Join the international conversation on a broad range of microwave and RF topics. Learn about the latest developments in our industry, post questions for your peers to answer, and weigh in with some answers if you can!