• george
    Hi,

I'm creating a large-ish 20A current pulse into a smallish 50 nH inductor with about two octaves bandwidth between 5 and 20 MHz for a science project. I've had a lot of experience with Spice and don't see why I should use anything else for this but very few mfrs bother with that type of device model and I read about "harmonic balance" as a method for this but don't see the point of trying to wrap my brain around a new tool when I'm good with the one I have and it seems like it should be fit for purpose.

I would use the Spice models from 'Pxxyfet' but their transistors may be more expensive than I need. NXP makes parts that look good in a kind of TO-220-like package but all their models (when they have them at all) are in some fancy stuff like ADS. I think the NXP MRF101 might be fine for this if paralleled but models that I can use are nowhere to be found. Do I have to suck it up and carve a model out of soap or is there some help out there? Is Qucs any use for this?
  • Tofik
    Do I have to suck it up and carve a model out of soap or is there some help.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome!

Join the international conversation on a broad range of microwave and RF topics. Learn about the latest developments in our industry, post questions for your peers to answer, and weigh in with some answers if you can!